Five brave colleagues from Bright Solicitors in Plymouth and Ivybridge are going to be donning their trainers as they plan to run 19km on 9th December to raise vital funds for Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW), the firm’s Charity of the Year.
The team were inspired to take part in CHSW’s Santas on the Run fun run which is happening at the Eden Project on 9th December but decided to extend the challenge to incorporate Santas on the Run into a 19km route and will be donning Santa suits to run in.
Andy Sewell from Bright Solicitors explained their plans “The five of us will start the challenge by taking part in the Santas on the Run at the Eden Project at 11am, then we will continue running around the local area for another 15km and then will finish the challenge by taking part in the afternoon Santas on the Run event back at Eden at 2pm. We hope to raise significant funds for Children’s Hospice South West at this special time of year.”
Sarah Nuttall-Worsley, Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser for CHSW said “We have over 300 people taking part in the Santas on the Run fun run which is a 2km route, the Bright Solicitors team have made this quite a Christmas Challenge by adding another 15km and then running the Eden route again bringing their total to 19km. Their fundraising has got off to a great start already and we are so grateful for all of the support that the firm has given CHSW throughout their year of fundraising.”
To sponsor the Bright Solicitors team donate via https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BrightSolicitors
CHSW has three children’s hospices in the south west including Little Harbour in St Austell which is currently supporting over 130 children and their families. The hospice offers a lot of short breaks and respite as well as end of life care and bereavement support and is a lifeline to many families from Cornwall and Plymouth.
There are still places available for Santas on the Run, all ages are welcome and this is a great event to take part in with friends and family and get everyone into the festive spirit. Simply sign up online at www.chsw.org.uk/santas to be part of the festive fun.
Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW)
• Children’s Hospice South West was first registered with the charity commission in 1991 and celebrated its 25th Anniversary in 2016
• It is dedicated to making the most of short and precious lives, providing the best possible hospice care for life-limited children and their families
• There are three hospices in the South West: Little Bridge House in Barnstaple (opened 1995), Charlton Farm in Bristol (opened 2007) and Little Harbour in St Austell (opened 2011)
• CHSW is the only children’s hospice in the South West. It costs around £9million to run the 3 hospice sites each year and the charity relies almost entirely on voluntary contributions
• CHSW delivers a range of services including short breaks, specialist play, music therapy, activities for siblings, palliative and emergency care, end of life care, bereavement support and specialist medical care – all available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
• The services are free for families. To find out more about our work, visit www.chsw.org.uk
For further information please contact Caroline Swain, Media Officer, Children’s Hospice South West, email@example.com or call 01726 871800 Twitter www.twitter.com/CHSW Facebook at www.facebook.com/CHSW1991 Instagram www.instagram.com/childrenshospicesw LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/2063633