Residential Legal Assistant
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly focussed and driven individual to join a busy, modern and expanding local law firm. We operate within Plymouth and the surrounding areas and we are looking for committed administrative support within our Residential Property Department.
This person will need to support the team’s case handlers by performing clerical and administrative work that requires knowledge of legal terms, documents, processes and procedures.
• Use of the case management system
• Preparation of a variety of legal documents
• Raising relevant searches
• Preparing completion documentation
• Communicating with third parties to include other side Solicitors, Lenders, Estate Agents, Clients, Mortgage Brokers etc.
• Arrange and undertake clerical and administrative duties as may reasonably be required to ensure the smooth running of files.
• Taking instruction and completing tasks set by the Residential Property Team and other associated tasks as required.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and be comfortable working under pressure within tight time frames. The role is a predominantly computer based within an office environment, so an understanding of computers and an ability to pick up new software systems is critical.
The candidate will be expected to be customer facing when needed and have a confident demeanour when communicating with all parties. The ideal candidate will be happy to take on a variety of tasks without complaint, work effectively as part of a team and have the ability to pick up tasks and terminology effectively.
Dependant on the candidates experience the role could involve time sensitive progression routes.
• The role will be largely computer based, so a high understanding of technology and an ability to pick up new software systems efficiently and effectively is crucial.
• Some level of office based administrative experience is preferable.
• A level of legal knowledge – specifically relating to the process of residential conveyancing is favourable.
• Some form of previous legal experience is favourable.
Job Type: Full Time Office Based Role (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
Location: Studio 5-11, 5 Millbay Road, Plymouth, PL1 3LF
Salary: Dependant on level of qualification and experience
Start Date: Immediate