Court of Protection

We have an expert team with experience in this field who understand all about capacity issues and how they can affect you and your family.

If a person has not made a Lasting Power of Attorney and has an unexpected car accident, is involved in an injury at work or becomes unable to manage their affairs through old age or illness, a friend or family member will need to apply to the Court of Protection to be appointed as a Deputy to have the legal authority to manage their affairs.

Normally the appointment of a Deputy is for Property and Financial Affairs but, in limited circumstances, the Court can appoint a Personal Welfare Deputy who can make personal decisions about such matters as medical treatment.

Applications to the Court of Protection are complicated and lengthy, and we can make the process as easy and painless as possible for you. If you are thinking of becoming a Deputy for a friend or loved one, please contact one of our experienced members of the team who can provide you with more information about the application process and your responsibilities as a Deputy.

If you would like further information or advice about Court of Protection, please contact Vicky Bligh on 01752 388910 or e-mail
"More of a 'modern firm'... engaging, which is tailored to my market. Client-centric and effective"

The Private Client Team

Fiona Chesworth
Vicky Bligh