Commercial Property Solicitor / Fee Earner
Bright Solicitors are a modern and forward-thinking firm who are committed to providing a high level of service to their expanding client base within the South West of England.
As a result, Bright Solicitors are currently looking to recruit a further experienced Commercial Property solicitor, FILEX or CILEX Associate with at least one year’s PQE to their team. The role involves client exposure and responsibility from day one.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of commercial property matters including all aspects of real estate acquisitions, portfolio management, commercial landlord and tenant work and developments and disposal transactions, together with offering commercial property support to the firm’s Commercial Team.
This is a rare opportunity to join an ever-expanding business. The firm promises excellent work-life balance, training and support.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong technical ability
- Manage their own day-to-day caseload
- Keep up to date with changes and developments in areas of law
- Build and maintain a network of contacts and referrers
- Work well both independently and as part of the wider team.
The main purpose of the role:
- To undertake legal work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the team.
- To represent the firm, its ethos and professional standards
- To run a caseload of files from start to file closure.
- Draft legal documents & research/problem-solve issues
- Keep up with changes in legislation and changes affecting the industry
- Market the team and bring in new business.
- Maintain existing referral relationships
- To ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the business plan.
- Work with legal assistants and apprentices within the team and contribute towards their development.
- Assist with training of team members and other colleagues within the firm
- Cover holiday of other team members.
- Attend management meetings if required.
Key tasks include:
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information.
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care.
- To adhere to agreed practice procedure as determined from time to time, especially as related to quality standards.
- To maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- To comply with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules.
- Assist with account audits and Lexcel audits
- To participate in marketing activities whether on a firm-wide or team basis.
- To run marketing activities whether on a firm-wide or team basis.
- To participate in training activities whether on a firm-wide or team basis.
- To run in-house training activities whether on a firm-wide or team basis.
- Day-to-day training of other team members.
- Identify areas for training and implement or recommend courses to attend.
- To control the finances of your matters with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account, prompt completion of matters and billing procedures.
- To monitor and help develop systems and procedures within your work area, including the use of technology.
- Report to the team on changes in legislation and the industry.
- Write material for publications or campaigns as required.
- To support senior management and take on delegated management responsibilities.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Use PLC
- 25 Days Paid Leave (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- Additional Gifted Christmas Leave
- WPA Health Insurance Cover
- Regular Staff Social Events and Networking Opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme (Coming Soon) and Free Indoor Bike Storage
- Paid Volunteering/Charity Day (Coming soon)
- Optional City Centre Office Parking (at additional cost)
Job Type: Full-Time (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
Location: Studio 5-11, 5 Millbay Road, Plymouth, PL1 3LF
Start Date: Immediate
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please send your CV to HR@brightllp.co.uk