There are a number of different reasons for any business to review its governance and structure. We have worked with a number of professionals on a variety of transactions whether looking to protect certain assets, prepare a company for future sale plans, deal with succession planning or introduce new shareholders we have expertise and experience to assist.
We tend to provide such work on a fixed fee basis and work with accountants and our property teams as required to deliver a timely and succinct completion.
Typical transactions we are involved in include:
- Capital reduction demergers – often carried out for the purpose of splitting business types, property portfolios or subsidiaries from the remainder of any group activities
- Management buy-outs
- Family buy-outs
- Company incorporation of partnerships
- Company purchase of own shares
Some of our more recent deals include:
- Advising a client on a largescale demerger of three family owned companies holding a £49m property portfolio. We facilitated the division of the property assets into a number of separately owned holding companies, allowing each family member to control their own share of assets and income.
- Advising a South West based Estate and Lettings Agency on the process of a management buyout. We assisted the management team on acquiring the existing company in a way that minimised any financial strain on the buyer or existing company
- Advising a client on the purchase of own shares by a management and consultancy services company to facilitate the retirement of one of its members